Business Hours:
Mon.-Fri. 8.30-17.00 hrs.

Contact The International Law Firm in Bangkok(+66)2 693-2036

Working Visa in Thailand

Thailand Working Visa

If you get an offer of a job in Thailand, you may apply for a one year Non-Immigrant visa Type B at the Thai Embassy in your country. A sponsorship letter or an offer letter from your company in Thailand is needed to obtain this visa. Once you have received the visa, you will be able to stay Thailand for 90 days. During that period, you will need to enter Thailand and apply for a work permit at the Ministry of Labor.

This is also required if you wish to operate a business in Thailand and you have set up a limited company in Thailand. The company can provide you with the sponsorship or offer letter for you to obtain the visa from the Thai Embassy in your country.


Ratio of employment between a foreigner and Thai


1 (one foreigner) : 4 (four Thai employees)

In addition, you can apply for a Non-Immigrant visa Type B, if your business is set up under the Investment Promotion Act through the approval of the Board of Investment (BOI). Under BOI, you can gain more privileges such as tax and non-tax incentives.




Thailand Immigration and Work Permit

As rules and regulations to obtain visa and work permit are changed from time to time. To make sure that you will receive a required visa and work permit to stay and work in Thailand, an experienced lawyer will help you preparing necessary documents for obtaining visa and work permit in Thailand and reminding you to renew them before they have been expired.

Our law firm in Bangkok provides full legal services throughout Thailand including the key business cities such as Bangkok, Pattaya, Chiangmai and Phuket.

Let us help you by calling us at (+66)2 693-2036 or send email to or send us enquiry.



Related Legal Services

Thailand Permanent Residency
Permanent Residency

A foreign national may qualify to apply for a residence permit if he/she holds a passport of his/her current nationality, which was granted a Non-Immigration visa and has been permitted to stay in the Kingdom of Thailand on the basis of one year extension for the total of at least 3 consecutive years up to the application submission date...

Thailand Marriage Visa
Marriage Visa

Being a foreigner, you are required to obtain a Non-Immigrant type O visa which the “O” stands for “Other reasons”, meaning that the reason to stay in Thailand is to support your wife or husband. Once you have received such a Visa from a Thai Embassy in your home country or somewhere else you have 90 days to extend the 90 day stay to 1 year stay by presenting a proof of relationship with a Thai national (a marriage certificate) to the Thai Immigration ...

Thailand Retirement Visa
Retirement Visa

If you are 50 years old or older having the financial support to retire in Thailand and you are willing to not to work in Thailand. Basically, you must apply for a Non-Immigrant type O visa. Once you have received such visa, you may apply for an extension of stay from 90 days to 1 year ...

Thailand Work Permit
Thailand Work Permit

A foreigner who wishes to apply for a work permit must have a Non-Immigrant visa Type B from a Thai Embassy before entering to Thailand. “Work” means engaging in a work by exerting one’s physical energy or employing one’s knowledge whether or not for wages or other benefits ...


Need Answers? Send US

Follow us on